Himalaya Network Group
Bio Data, Surendra Shakya
Born in Patan on 25th September 1963, near Krishna Mandir, Mr. Shakya grew up near Patan Durbar Square, one of the richest cultural heritage sites in the Kingdom of Nepal. His Father is Professor Hem Raj Shakya, a renowned scholar of history and culture, involved in the study of script, culture, Buddhist religion, philosophy, archaeology and arts for six decades. He wrote 72 books and was decorated and rewarded by four kings – King Tribhuvan, King Mahendra, King Birendra and King Dipendra (Crown Prince at the time) with rewards and medals such as Mahendra Pragya Paraskar and Gorakhadakhinbaha.
Tel: 977-1-5551433/34/35, Fax: 977-1-5536059, Personal Email: email@example.com
Nationality: Nepali, Religion: Buddhist, Marital status: married in 1994, with 2 daughters
- SLC: Namuna Machhendra High School
- Intermediate: Kathmandu Nepal Namuna Machhendra Campus
- Higher Education: Toho Gavvin Institute, Tokyo Japan
1989 April – 1993 March * Tokyo Iryo College Tokyo
1991 April – 1994 March * Guitar Tonical School, Tokyo
1991 April – 1994 : Japanese language proficiency "Ikkyo" (highest) level passed 1992
- Gorkha Dakshin Bahu 4th from His Majesty The King Gyanendra Bir Bikram Shah Dev - 2005.
- Gold Medal & Best Award for Nepal Pavillion, Pacific Flora 2004.
- Excellent Pashmina Product awarded by his Majesty’s Government Ministry of Industry, 2000.
- National Industrial exhibition and sixteenth National Excellent Industry prize jointly organized by the Small Industry Development Committee, Nepal Handicraft Industry Association, Federation of Nepal Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Nepal Chamber of Commerce and Cottage Small industry Association Nepal, 2001
- Certificate of appreciation awarded by Nepal Tourism Board, 2001.
- The Shizuoka International Garden and Horticulture Exhibition "Pacific Flora 2004"
- Nepal Promotion Event in Tokyo in June/July 2002, jointly organized with Royal Nepalese Embassy and Trade Promotion Centre Nepal
- Organized various Buddhist Art of Nepal Exhibitions in Japan: Daijuji Temple, Okazaki City, Honnoji Temple, Kyoto, Japan, Gallery Hananido, Odawara City, Kanaga, Warken, Japan, Hotel Onoya Kyushu Japan, Izutsuya Department, Fukuoka city, Japan, Gallery Ku at Odawara city, Kanangara, Ken, Japan, Mochizuki Gallery at Ginza, Tokyo
- Participated in the following Trade Shows: 23rd Osaka International Trade Fair, Osaka, Japan, 1998 April - Matsuyama International Fair 1999 Japan - 8th Asia Pacific International Trade Fair, 1999 Seoul, Korea - International California Gift Show 1997 and 2001 Los Angeles USA
|Mr. Shakya has also travels extensively in Japan, Thailand, Hong Kong, Singapore, and India, and is fluent in spoken and written Newari, Nepali, Hindi, English and Japanese languages.
He is also the Managing Director of the following companies in Nepal.
Namaste Collection, Suiren Travel Pvt Ltd, Nepal CAD Center and Kathmandu Software Devt. Center